- The Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at the Penn State University College of Medicine is expanding under the new leadership of Dr. James R. Broach. The Department invites applications from outstanding scientists with Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent degrees for a full-time tenure-track position. We seek candidates at the Assistant Professor level who have an active highly competitive independent research program or who show a strong potential to develop such a program. We are looking for candidates in the areas of molecular biology, genetics, epigenetics, and/or genomics.Candidates will have the opportunity to participate in Penn State’s medical genomics program through the new Institute for Personalized Medicine. For additional information,please visit the following website: http://www2.med.psu.edu/biochemistry/. Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae and a brief statement of research plans, and arrange for three letters of reference to be sent to Faculty Search Committee, email@example.com or to Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology H171, Penn State University College of Medicine, Hershey PA 17033. Application should be received prior to December 31, 2013. Penn State is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
- The Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology is seeking a part time Assistant Professor (non-tenure track) to work in the laboratory of Carcinogenesis and Chemoprevention. Candidates must have earned a doctorate in an appropriate field and have experience in the following areas: structure identification and detection of DNA adducts derived from environmental carcinogens including those in tobacco smoke constituents using spectroscopic analysis (NMR, MS, CD and IR); Metabolic studies of tobacco carcinogens by radio-tracer experiments; and knowledge of Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics. To apply, please email a cover letter and vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org, please indicate in subject line, Job Number, HR525. Employment will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies. Penn State is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
- The Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology is seeking a full time Research Associate to work on the structural study of tight junction proteins. This is a fixed-term faculty position, funded for two years with possibility of extension. Candidates must have earned a doctorate in an appropriate field and have experience in the protein structure determination by either X-ray crystallography and NMR spectroscopy. Experiences in cloning, protein expression and purification are a plus. To apply, please email a cover letter, 3 references and vitae to email@example.com, please indicate in subject line, Job Number, HR600. Employment will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies. Penn State is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
Seeking recent PhD graduates for a post-doctoral scholar position in the Mulder Lab, Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, Penn State Hershey College of Medicine. Research pertains to TGFß, cell signaling, anti-cancer therapeutics & diagnostics, cancer invasion, km23, RhoA, cell migration, invadopodia, motor proteins, intracellular trafficking, actin cytoskeleton. Requirements include a recent PhD in a relevant field, as well as relevant peer-reviewed molecular/cell biology publications. Experience with immunofluorescence imaging is required. Prefer applicants with expertise and interest in studies related to 3-dimensional invasion and motility, FLIM-FRET, invadosome research, as well as confocal imaging and tracking analyses. Please send CV and contact info for 3 referees to Dr. Kathleen M. Mulder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications are invited for postdoctoral researcher(s) in the Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Department at the Penn State College of Medicine, under the new leadership of Dr. James R. Broach. A PhD in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology or a related field is required. We are seeking candidates in the areas of molecular biology, genetics, epigenetics, genomics, and also candidates who are using state-of-the-art Mass spectrometry-based methods to study proteomics, metabolomics and the role of protein modification in its normal function and disease. Applicants should submit a curriculum vita, and a statement of research interests to email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line your interest in Postdoctoral Opportunities. Penn State is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH POSITION available inCancer Research Lab at Penn State College of MedicinePosition responsibilities include scientific research, providing technical assistance, & assisting with laboratory organization and data preparation. Successful candidate will have a B.S. degree in a relevant scientific discipline (Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biology, etc.) and must have laboratory research experience. Prefer applicants with experience in mammalian cell culture, Western blots, PCR, general laboratory skills (ie, familiarity with analytical balance, pH meter, making up solutions, calculating concentrations, serial dilutions, etc.).For more information on research area, see:http://news.psu.edu/story/280300/2013/06/27/research/protein-involved-colon-cancer-cells-ability-invade-other-cells
- Cancer Research Lab in the College of Medicine at the Hershey Medical Center/Penn State College of Medicine is currently looking to hire a temporary/part-time Lab Assistant. The position responsibilities include maintaining cell culture hoods and incubators, autoclaving lab glassware/plastic ware, assistance to lab members as needed, general lab upkeep, organization, and ordering assistance. In order to be considered for the position you must express a strong interest in a career in science or medicine. Successful candidate will need to be available year round to be considered. Must be available 3 or more days per week for approximately 3-5 hours each day after the hours of 3:00pm. Must have reliable transportation to and from work. If interested, please send resume and Penn State application to: Dr. Kathleen M. Mulder, firstname.lastname@example.org and Jill Curry, email@example.com. Penn State is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
Please visit the PSU Jobs page for Staff openings in our department.