Seasonal Workshops & Special Class Options
Learn new techniques and skills in these special focus workshops or special classes that may include yoga, Pilates, resistance training, or more without the long term commitment of a multi-week program.
Dance for Parkinson’s
- October 3 – November 21
- 10:00 – 11:00 AM
This class empowers people with Parkinson’s disease to explore movement in ways that are stimulating and creative by focusing on key principles related to dance from instilling confidence to breaking isolation, stimulating mental activity, to increasing spatial awareness, it is wonderful movement to music. Classes are open to persons with Parkinson’s disease, their families, friends, and care partners. Not sure if this is right for you? You are welcome to simply join us on October 3 to become familiar with the facility, meet the instructors, and experience a mini-session.
For more information about the program or to register please contact Shari Vegso-Wilson, Director of Susquehanna Dance Center and Artistic Director for COBALT Dance Company, at (717)676-9039, via email at ShariVegso@gmail.com, or visit their website.
Hooping for Fun & Fitness Workshops
- Saturday August 9: 11:00 AM – 12:15 PM
- Take both workshops for $25
- Online Registration
Join Kathy Weber, Hoopnotica Certified Instructor, for the Hooping for Fun & Fitness Workshops. Using adult sized hula hoops participants will learn hooping skills both on and off the body for a full body workout. Beginners are welcome and level of coordination will not affect your ability to hoop!
New to Cycling? Get on the Bike Workshops
- October 1: 6:30 – 7:15 PM
- October 4: 9:45 – 10:30 AM
- November 19: 6:30 – 7:15 PM
- Free for UFC Members, $10 for non-members and registration is required
- Online Registration
Ideal for beginners or those looking to review their form and technique. This 45 minute workshop will cover the following information:
- What to wear to a cycle class? How to make your ride most enjoyable and comfortable.
- Cycling shoes: What is the difference between athletic shoes and cycling shoes?
- Setting up your bike. Your instructor will customize your bike to fit you best.
- Review of cycling class positions and pedal technique.