Medical Fitness Options
For our healthcare providers, the University Fitness Center can be a partner in the care of your patients. With membership options and special programs, we can help prevent and assist in the treatment of dozens of diseases, including hypertension, diabetes, osteoporosis, and obesity.
Any patient can benefit from participating in a fitness program. Whether it’s for continued care after completing a rehabilitation program, for ongoing management of an existing condition, such as diabetes, or simply for prevention and improving overall fitness, a UFC membership can be an integral part of your patient’s self-care regime. Collaborate with us and teach your patients that Exercise is MedicineTM.
Exercise is MedicineTM is an initiative focused on encouraging primary care physicians and other health care providers to include exercise when designing treatment plans for patients. Exercise is MedicineTM is committed to the belief that exercise and physical activity are integral in the prevention and treatment of diseases and should be regularly assessed as part of all medical care.
The guiding principles of Exercise is MedicineTM shared by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) and the American Medical Association (AMA) are:
- Exercise and physical activity are important to health and treatment of many chronic diseases.
- More should be done to address physical activity and exercise in health care settings.
- Encouragement of the American College of Sports Medicine’s (ACSM) effort to bring a greater focus on physical activity and exercise in health care settings.
For more information please see the Exercise is MedicineTM website.
Medical Fitness Options Available at the UFC include:
- Physician Referred & Self-Referral Memberships for those under the care of a Penn State Health physician
- Pink Ribbon Program™ for Breast Cancer Patients & Survivors
- Personal Training Services with our credentialed Exercise Physiologists
- Private Healing Yoga
- Private Pilates Training
To simply refer your patient to the UFC, complete our Physician Clearance Form.