Penn State Health is proud to partner with SilverSneakers®, the nation’s leading fitness program for older adults.
The SilverSneakers® Fitness Program is an innovative health, exercise, and wellness program helping older adults live healthy, active lifestyles. Research has shown that being active at least 30 minutes a day can help reduce the risk of heart disease, depression, and chronic health conditions, and may also improve the symptoms of diabetes and arthritis. Regardless of your age or health, just by increasing your physical activity you can:
- Have more energy to the things you want to do
- Increase muscle strength and endurance to make getting through the day easier
- Reduce stress and release tension
- Sleep better and feel more rested, restored, and focused
- Improve confidence and overall well-being
If your Medical health plan, Medicare Supplement carrier, or group retiree plan includes SilverSneakers® as part of your benefit package, you can get all this at no extra cost:
- University Fitness Center membership including all basic amenities
- Access to degreed and certified exercise physiologists
- A wide variety of fitness classes and senior-focused programs led by certified instructors
- Wellness workshops and other special events
Are you SilverSneakers® eligible? Use this tool to determine if your health plan includes SilverSneakers®. For more information about the SilverSneakers® Fitness Program at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, call (717) 531-7075.