Department of Public Health Sciences (PHS) Biostatistics and Bioinformatics, Epidemiology, and Health Services Research Collaboration and Consultation
Faculty and professional staff in the Department of Public Health Sciences (PHS) offer collaboration and consultation in biostatistics, epidemiology, and health services research to researchers and students. Collaboration and consultation may include, but are not limited to:
- Design and analysis strategies for research proposals.
- Sample size and power calculations for research proposals.
- Advice on the selection and implementation of appropriate statistical methods for research data.
- Statistical analysis and graphical analysis of research data.
- Statistical reviews of grant proposals, protocols, and manuscripts.
Funding is not required for grant or contract proposals where PHS personnel will be written into the proposal for future funding. To receive proper attention, requests should be received well ahead of the submission deadline.
Limited un-funded consultation is provided for medical students working on their Medical Student Research (MSR) projects. Generally, a few hours is provided free of charge for MSR projects. For further information, medical students should read item # 9, “Biostatistical Consultation” from the MSR Guidelines.
Within two business days of receiving your Request Form, the PHS faculty or staff member handling your project will contact you to schedule an appointment. In cases of emergency, and subject to the availability of personnel, PHS can provide limited assistance on short notice.
Hands-on assistance with data analysis is generally not provided without funding.