- Access, alternative organizational models, and quality in women’s primary care.
- Gender and race/ethnic disparities in access to cardiovascular treatments.
- Race/ethnic and rural-urban disparities in risks for preterm birth and low birth weight.
- Race/ethnic disparities in quality of care for cervical cancer.
- Outcomes and costs of services such as hysterectomy, Caesarean section, and pelvic floor repair procedures.
- Risk factors for uterine fibroids and treatment options.
- Patient management of health information.
The faculty members in the Health Services Research division are responsible for one core and two elective courses in the Department’s Master of Science (MS) program. The core course is Health Survey Research Methods and the electives are Quality of Care Management and Health Economics and Economic Evaluation.
Douglas Leslie, Ph.D. Professor, Director of Center for Applied Studies in Health Economics, and Vice Chair for Education
Sara A. Baker, M.S.W. Senior Instructor
Tareq (Fabian) Camacho, M.S., M.A. Senior Instructor
Catherine Caruso, M.Ed. Instructor
Elana Farace, Ph.D. Associate Professor
Jonathan Foulds, Ph.D. Professor
Thomas Godfrey, M.D. Assistant Professor
Marianne M. Hillemeier, Ph.D. Professor
John Hustad, Ph.D. Assistant Professor
Wenke Hwang, Ph.D. Associate Professor and Director of Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) Program
Farah Kauffman, M.P.H. Instructor
Donna K. Kephart, M.H.A. Senior Instructor
Teresa Kern, Ph.D. Assistant Professor
Kristen H. Kjerulff, Ph.D. Professor and Director of Master of Science in Public Health Sciences (M.S. P.H.S.) Program
Michelle LaClair, M.P.H., B.S. Instructor
Eugene J. Lengerich, V.M.D., M.S. Professor
Guodong Liu, Ph.D. Assistant Professor
Jennifer McCall-Hosenfeld, M.D., M.Sc. Assistant Professor
Liza S. Rovniak, Ph.D., M.P.H. Assistant Professor
Alexander Siedschlag, Ph.D. Joint Faculty Professor
Diana Velott, M.P.A., M.S. Instructor
Li Wang, Ph.D. Assistant Professor
Carol S. Weisman, Ph.D. Distinguished Professor of Public Health Sciences and Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs