A Message from the Director
Welcome to Penn State Hershey! For more than a decade, Research Development has served the College of Medicine by promoting the visibility of its research enterprise, coordinating high priority funding initiatives, and providing targeted support to investigators looking to build their research portfolio. We look forward to working with you!
Sarah Bronson, Ph.D.
Director of Research Development
Funding Opportunity Identification and Dissemination
We subscribe to numerous funding databases, listservs, and e-alerts sponsored by federal agencies, private foundations, and corporate organizations in order to provide timely notifications of funding opportunities to faculty. Funding notices are subsequently disseminated to faculty who can request targeted email distribution based on stated research interests.
- We maintain an email list, to which we send out Requests for Applications, Program Announcements and Calls for Proposals from NIH, foundations, and other major research sponsors. To be added, email firstname.lastname@example.org with details about your areas of research interest.
- We also offer personalized funding searches to help you find support for a particular project.
- Through the Research Concierge Service, we offer a list of databases for conducting your own funding searches.
Internal Awards and Limited Submissions
We administer several internal grant programs that help to sustain the
research programs of productive investigators and we coordinate the internal nomination process when funding sponsors limit the number of proposals.
Faculty Outreach and Engagement
We maintain close working relationships with the Office of University Development and the Office of Sponsored Programs to support faculty in their pursuit of external funding via foundations and private donors.
- Penn State Profiles is a searchable directory of publications and research interests of Penn State investigators working in the life sciences.
- Our Research Concierge Service offers a directory of research expertise resources to help improve your study design and methodology.
Contact Research Development
Our top goal is to help further strengthen the environment for biomedical and behavioral research throughout the University. If you need advice or assistance related to sponsored research or research training activities in the College of Medicine, please contact us and we will do our best to help you or find someone who can!